<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mommytravels.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Casa Del Matador: Tex-Mex Restaurant in Portland, OR

Casa Del Matador in Portland, Oregon
Casa Del Matador is an excellent Tex Mex restaurant in downtown Portland. They have two locations. These pictures were taken at their North West Portland location. It is not very easy to find Tex - Mex food in Portland and this place is one of my top two favorites in all of Portland.

 Last time I was there I had one of my favorites, Pork Tacos al Pastor, and mercy they were good!  My girlfriend got the fajitas and they looked amazing. She refused to share, so I assume they were good.
Casa Del Matador in Portland, Oregon

Casa Del Matador in Portland, Oregon

Casa Del Matador Portland Oregon
bar from hell
bar from hell (Photo credit: drburtoni)
My pictures just didn't do justice to this restaurant. The bar area is very cool. That's it in the 1st photo. Yes, that's a longhorn skull up there.

In this next photo you can see a round fireplace with a table around it. I really want to eat around that fireplace, but every time I've been in someone is already sitting there.
Casa Del Matador Portland Oregon
IMG_9620
IMG_9620 (Photo credit: eyeliam)
I don't know if you can tell from our faces, but the drinks were pretty good too. I had a margarita and they served it in a large glass. It was the same size as the glass in the picture.

Casa Del Matador Portland Oregon
Sadly, we got there just in time to miss happy hour! Casa Del Matador's Happy Hour is quite good, especially the tacos. Here's what their website says:

Happy Hour

Every day from 4pm to 6pm and from 10pm to 1am
$5

Texas Size Nachos

Habanero or Garlic Prawns

Tex-Mex Spring Rolls

Spicy Fried Calamari

Roasted Tomato & Chicken Soup

Fire House Chili

Romaine Salad

Ancho-Chile Wings

Quesadilla

Choose from:
Chicken
Chorizo
Shrimp
Cheese

Tacos

Choose from:
Steak
Chicken
Chorizo
Blackened Shrimp
Blackened Fish
Braised Pork
Casa Del Matador on UrbanspoonDaily deals in Portland

Labels: , , , ,