<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mommytravels.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, April 13, 2009

Mac N Cheese with Ham and Peas

I did not grow up on Mac and cheese so when my kids wanted it I used a box mix. I didn't really know a good recipe but knew I didn't like using the box mix. Well, about a week ago someone shared this recipe with me. It is very good so I thought I would share!

Mac N Cheese with Ham and Peas
1/2 c butter
1 onion chopped
1/4 c. flour
3 1/2 c. whole milk
1 c. sour cream
2 (8oz) pkg shredded swiss cheese
1 (8oz) pkg shredded mozzerella
3 c. cubed ham
1 c. thawed peas
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp grd pepper
2 c. uncooked elbow mac, cooked
1 1/2 panko
2 tbs butter, meltedpreheat oven to 350. melt 1/4 butter over med high heat. add onion and cook for 6 mins. Add flour and cook for 2 mins. Slowly add milk, reduce heat and cook for 10mins. Remove from heat add cheeses, sour cream until melted. Stir in ham, peas, salt, pepper and cooked mac. Spoon into dish. In a small bowl combine panko and 2 tbs melted butter. Sprinkle over casserole, bake for 45 mins.

Pin It

Labels: ,