<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mommytravels.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Making your own Pumpkin Puree

I have been getting the Organic food boxes from OfftheVine.org now for a few weeks. I am splitting them with my neighbor. Here is how much half is.

In one of the boxes was a pumpkin and I wasn't sure what to do with it at first but here is what I figured out. First I scooped out the pumpkin seeds with an ice cream scooper. Then I washed the off in a colander. Once they were cleaned off I spread them out on a baking stone and sprinkled them with salt. I baked them at 325 for about twenty minutes. My kids enjoyed their roasted pumpkin seeds snack.Next I wash off the outside of the pumpkin and placed it in a baking dish with quite a bit of water. I put the lid on (even though it didn't actually sit right until half way through cooking it) and microwaved it for twenty minutes. Once it was soft I basically squished it out of the shell and into a mixing bowl were I then mixed it for about five minutes with a mixer. With the puree we then made bread maker Pumpkin bread.

Bread Maker Pumpkin Bread
1/3 cup Vegetable oil, 3 large eggs, 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree, 1 cup sugar, 1.5 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 3/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ginger, 3 cups flour, 1/2 cup nuts if you like.
Spray bread maker pan with PAM.
In a bowl, mix the 1st 4 ingredients together until well blended; stir in the baking powder, soda, salt, spices and flour until mixed. Pour mixture into the prepared pan and use the quick bread cycle. Add nuts at the beep. Carefully loosen the loaf and put on rack to cool.
Pin It

Labels: , , , ,