<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mommytravels.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, August 16, 2010

Money Mondays

Over the past six months I have began some what of a new hobby.  We were trying to sell our house and knew we were moving, so there was no point in working my garden this year.  Normally I would spend a great deal of time on this, needless to say I found myself with some extra time.   I decided I needed a new hobby.  After having become so frustrated losing money in my mutual fund I decided that my new hobby should be figuring out how to invest better.  If you are like me your mutual fund is literally eating your money.  I could flush that money down the toilet and I would still be at the same point.  Where to start was the problem.  So, I took the advice of a friend and read Rich Dad Poor Dad.

I must say I thought it was a really great book.  It made me realize that I needed my own business and that there is something to having a few rentals.  It gave me a whole new perspective on it.  (I absolutely hate being a landlord.  I do not do well dealing with people on this level.  Of course both the houses we have rented out are because we got stuck with them when they didn't sell.  We did not intentionally get into the rental business!)  Unfortunately this book did not help me solve my mutual fund problems, but more on that later.

Next week I am going to talk about the business I now have after reading this book.  You could too!

Labels: , ,