<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mommytravels.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, March 21, 2011

California Grill at Disney World's Contemporary resort

California Grill is a spectacular restaurant.  It is one of Disney World's signature restaurants near the Magic Kingdom, at the Contemporary Resort. 

I was thrilled when I found out the first night of my travelingmom.com conference would be spent dining at the California Grill.  I had always wanted to go there.  I had heard nothing but fabulous things about it for years.  I assumed eating here would be the highlight of my trip and it was.  It was even better than I had built it up to be in my mind.  The only thing I found disappointing was that I was not able eat more.

The atmosphere was bustling with energy and good times.  The views were outstanding.  You can see the firework show at the Magic Kingdom. (We watched the fireworks show from the roof of the Contemporary resort in between courses!) You can also see the Electrical Water Pageant at the Seven Seas Lagoon. 

Then came the exquisite food!  Course after course it just kept getting better.  The reception began with sushi and pizza, both incredibly fresh and delicious.  The appetizer was a Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Pesto, Shiitake Mushrooms, and Basil. Shown in this picture. 
 Every course was a surprise since we were given no menus.  With that in mind I had no idea what would be coming out for the entree.  As you can see from my picture below the entrees did not disappoint.  They were all beautifully presented and delicious. 
  • Oak-fired Filet of Beef, Dauphinoise Potatoes with Smoked Bacon, Ginger-Scented Carrots, and Teriyaki Barbecue, 
  • Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta, Roasted Mushrooms, Zinfandel Glaze, and Sage
  • Crispy Chicken and Leg Confit, Heirloom Pumpkin with Pecans, Winter Vegetables, Tangerine-Pomegranate Jus
    Dinner finished with a perfect dessert of Bananas and Caramel: Crispy Baked Phyllo Squares layered with Banana, Caramel, Mascarpone Mousse, and Caramelized Banana.
Children are more than welcome and don't forget to check the dress code before you go.


Disney Tickets
Buy 3 Days, Get 1 Day FREE to Walt Disney World. Plus, FREE Shipping!

    California Grill on Urbanspoon

    Labels: , , , , , , ,