<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mommytravels.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Abuelo's Papas con Chile

Abuelos Papas con Chile
Papas con Chile from MommyTravels.net
Hi Pinners! I am so happy you've found my site. You are going to LOVE these Tex-Mex mashed potatoes. I've had a lot of you ask if I cook the peppers. No, I chop them up and just thrown them in. The potatoes are so hot that they will soften without being cooked. If you would like to find me on Pinterest you can here Meagan Shamy and if you enjoy Tex-Mex cuisine check out my round up of 14 Tex-Mex Recipes Appetizers Main Dishes Side Dishes Desserts.


I love the papas con chile at Abuelo's and was beyond excited when I found this recipe last week on the Abuelo's facebook page! Now if they would open a restaurant up here in Oregon!

I cut this recipe in half and it made a ton.  Papas are Tex-Mex mash potatoes and they make the perfect side dish for

Abuelo’s Papas con Chile™


Ingredients
3 lbs. red potatoes
3 oz cream cheese – cut into 2" squares
½ cup heavy cream
10 oz Velveeta – cut into 2 " squares
½ TBS salt
¾ tsp granulated garlic
¼ cup sour cream
½ cup diced red bell peppers
½ cup diced green bell peppers
2 cans chopped green chiles
½ cup chopped green onion tops
2 TBS of finely chopped jalapeño – seeds removed

Directions
1.Wash and scrub potatoes until clean
2.Place potatoes in a pot covered with water and boil until soft.
3.Drain potatoes
4.Add the rest of ingredients and mash. Be sure all ingredients are incorporated well.

Abuelos Papas con Chile from MommyTravels.net

Don't forget about dessert! 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,