<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mommytravels.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, April 24, 2009

Jr. Olympic skills competition

I had previously mentioned (click here to see other post) that my son was going to compete in an upcoming Jr. Olympic competition and he did today. He placed second in every event! I thought this was quite good since I didn't really prepare him for it. Things have been a little crazy at our house so I wasn't sure if he would want to compete or that I would be able to get him there. I let him know yesterday afternoon that I had signed him up and that he could compete in every event or just pick one or two. He decided to do them all.

Here are a few things I wish I had done.

First, I wish I had told him sooner so he could have at least practiced a little!

Second, there is a section on the Jr. Olympic website that says something about parents. Well, be sure to read it. I didn't! It basically tells you exactly what is going to happen, how they score, and you get the drift.

Also, the reason I was back on their website was because I was going to find another local event to see if he could do it again since now we know what is going on. (only the 1st place of each event get to go on to regional) I figured if he could get second then he might could get 1st if he had another shot. Well, it turns out that you can be disqualified for participating in more than one event. Good to know, maybe next year!

Labels: , , , , ,