<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mommytravels.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, December 11, 2009

Georgia aquarium - Atlanta, Georgia

While on our Atlanta, Georgia family vacation we went to the Georgia Aqurium.  I must say that after hearing about the aquarium from so many people I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a great aquarium.  After all the build up there was nothing overly special or unique about it. With that said the beluga whales where gone for renovation. It was incredibly over priced. (They will not give you a military discount at the door.  Instead to get the military price you must buy tickets on a near by military base.) We would not go back based on the price.

They did have several touch pools that my kids loved. They got to touch sting rays, star fish, and a bunch of other stuff.
Atlanta Georgia Aquarium

There were five areas with lots of various sea life to see.
Atlanta Georgia Aquarium

Atlanta Georgia Aquarium

My son was thrilled to meet Nemo.  (They don't actually call him Nemo, but I can't remember his name and he does look a lot like Nemo!)

Atlanta Georgia Aquarium

There was a dark area with lots of jellyfish.
Atlanta Georgia Aquarium

We were done with the main areas cover by regular admission with in two hours.  I hear from StressFreeBaby that a dolphin exhibit is on it's way in 2011!

Other activities available with extra costs were a movie and shark exibit.

Labels: , , , ,