<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mommytravels.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11 - Where were you?

None of us will ever forget 9/11 and many of us remember exactly where we were and exactly what we were doing. Where were you? What were you doing?

I was at home, living on an Air Force base. My mother in law called and told me to turn on the tv. I turned it on just in time to see the second plane hit within a few minutes. I sat there holding my six month old realizing that my husband is in pilot training and we are probably going to war.

Within hours we were told the base was going into lock down. We only had a till a certain time to go get groceries before the commissary closed. I walked through the store that day that barely had any thing left to buy, because there were so many of us living there. I drove home and I had to go past 5 armed soldiers just to get into my neighborhood even though I was already on base. I believe it was three days before we could leave base, but then you had to go through grueling security to get back on. It usually took around three hours. This went on for weeks, maybe months.

Labels: