<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mommytravels.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Voyage of the Vikings - Book review

 Voyage of the Vikings by Paul, McCusker


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is a kids book about two children that travel back in time in a time machine built for a school fair. Their mission is to retrieve a sun stone to help someone else. Along the way they learn about the vikings and their culture.

My ten year old liked the concept of time machines and how it tied into the school fair. He found it funny that the kids dressed up in viking costumes so when they traveled back in time they could blend in.

My daughter thought it was exciting and liked the polar bear sighting.

I enjoyed the fact that it was a book both my children enjoyed ages 10 and 7. They were both able to read the book without any help. I also had the peace of mind that it is part of the Imagination Station series, so it is a clean book with nothing scary. The author has included a lot of historic info on vikings in the book, so my kids were also learning history with out realizing it!
View all my reviews

Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book

Labels: ,