<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mommytravels.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Parenting with Rewards

I believe in rewards and incentives as a form of discipline, but I also use them in other areas like reading.

Anytime a kid's movie comes out that was a book originally I don't allow my kids to see the movie. At least, not until we have read the book. Often times kids get down about reading. When my kids do this I use watching the movie as an incentive. Instead of them complaining about reading they can't wait to finish the book and will actually ask me to read them another chapter.



Some ideas to get you started are:

The Chronicles of Narnia Box Set: Full-Color Collector's EditionThe Chronicles of Narnia - so far they have made two books in this series into movies. A third book will come out as a movie this summer.

Percy Jackson Complete Library, Books 1-5 (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Volumes 1-5)Percy Jackson & the Olympians - They have already turned the 1st book of the series into a movie and I know there are plans to make more books into movies.  This is a five book series.  I must say the movie was not near as good as the book and it was very different.  We read the book first and then watched the movie.  For the first time my kids realized how much better a book could be and was.  I thought that was a great lesson for them.




Diary of a Wimpy kid - Right now there are 4 books out, but the next one comes out at the beginning of November.  My kids think these books are hilarious.  They read them over and over.  They loved the movie too.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Books 1-4: Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Rodrick Rules, The Last Straw, and Dog DaysThe Complete Ann of Green Gables Collection (Volume 1-8) (Ann of Green Gables, Volume 1-8)











Ann of Green Gables - I am unsure of how many of these books were made into movies.  I know the first 2 in the series are definately movies.  Also, for younger children you can get a children's version.  I found one at WalMart for $5 and it was a hardback. 






Star Wars - there are tons of these books and they come in various reading levels
Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #1: Precipice

Labels: , ,