<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mommytravels.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Wedding Ring got Stolen at Caesar's Palace yesterday

     
The last two days have been difficult and frustrating.  My ring was stolen from my purse inside our room at Caesar's Palace. I have never had anything of value stolen from me before and it feels terrible. I'm mad at myself for leaving it in the room, while I took the kids to the pool. Ironically, this is the first time I have ever left my ring anywhere other than my house. We got new rings for our 10th anniversary. My 11th anniversary is in two days, I didn't even have it a year. 

     The last two days I have found out many things from the security at Caesar's and from the Vegas police.  I thought I would share them with you. 
  1. Even if your room has been clean someone referred to as an "inspectors" may come into your room to make sure it was cleaned properly.  I was wrong to assume that no one would come in the room because it had already been serviced.
  2. Leaving the privacy light on does not mean they can't come it.  It means they shouldn't knock or ring the bell. 
  3. Most of the hotels in Vegas do not have cameras monitoring all areas of the hotel.  Caesar's only has them in certain towers.  I assumed the tower I was in had them and I was wrong. 
  4. Depending on the key system in the door they can track which keys opened the door and who the key is assigned to.
  5. Pawn shops in Vegas are not allowed to resale the items they have purchased from individuals for 30 days.
  6. Pawn shops are required to compared the items they buy to items listed as stolen with the Vegas police department.
For more hotel security info check out my article and The Truth Behind Hotel Security

Labels: , ,