<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mommytravels.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, January 28, 2013

Casa Ole Green Dip


Everyone has a favorite restaurant that they grew up eating at, for me it was Casa Ole. Casa Ole is a small chain Mexican food restaurant found in Texas. What made this Mexican food restaurant stand out from all the other Mexican food restaurants in Texas was their green dip.

Their green dip is so good and they seem to be the only ones making it. This dip is one of the things I miss the most about Texas. This should give you a solid idea of how awesome this dip is. So, imagine my delight when my friend Melanie told me she had the recipe! (I almost cried.) I didn't want to get my hopes up too high, but when you live in Oregon and you grew up on Tex-Mex..........
I made the dip and it was good! This copy cat recipe has to be close to the exact recipe, if not their exact recipe. Mine was quite a bit thicker then what they serve, but I wasn't sure how to go about thinning it. It was thick enough to hold my chip up. Feel free to leave a suggestion on how to thin dip.
Casa Ole Green Dip
4 Avocados; pitted and mashed

16oz Light sour cream

1 can Rotel original undrained

1tbsp Garlic powder

4oz can Green chili

2tsp Salt

1tsp Lemon juice

3oz Light cream cheese

2 Jalapeno peppers; diced

2 Tbsp Cilantro; chopped

In a food processor combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy.




Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,